Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fun Monday Challenge #1

Over at 14 Secrets we were thinking we needed some more virtual activities, so here it is Monday morning and here's a virtual activity for you. Sometimes Mondays can get folks down, because it's not the weekend anymore, it's time to get serious, time to get to work. So why not let the creative part of your mind have some fun while the serious part of your mind is hard at work.  Take a look at our challenge, and let your creative mind puzzle over it and see what comes from it.

Take a peek at this video, (it's short, don't worry) and then think about times in your life when things were not "going well" and that some how grabbing the art materials at hand was a huge help. You made good art, maybe not art that others would look at as good, (that doesn't matter) but art that you look at and feel satisfied. There's an inner dialogue with your inner artist, and there's a feeling of understanding and being understood.



Can you remember those times? Well, here it is Monday morning, it's not the weekend, (sigh...) but you can make good art!

"Your creativity is waiting"  Collage by Lani and textures from FlyPaper

Once your inner artist has played with this challenge, if you would like to share your work, you can do so at Instagram by adding #14SecretsChallenge to your description, or by adding your photo to our Flickr pool.

7 comments:

lizzie said...

Fantastic video and post! So much needed:)
I wanted to reblog but can't figure out how:(
Lizzie xo

lizzie said...

Fantastic video and post!!! so much needed!!! I wanted to reblog but I can't figure how to from blogger:(

Lani Gerity said...

Hi Lizzie,
I think you can actually highlight the post, copy, and then paste it into your blogger "compose" mode for a new blog post.
Let me know how that works for you.

lizzie said...

Hi Lani,

I use wordpress these days (find it more user friendly than blogger) and that s where I am kinda up to date...usually there is an option for reblogging there....
I guess I can get a link to you post tho!
Thank you so much it's really making my day in a lil tough time:)

lizzie said...

Hi Lani,

I use wordpress blog (I find it more userfriendly and I am hopeless with blogger).
I guess I can get a link and share it there.
Thank you so much for making my day!!!

Terry Pitzel said...

I posted a piece I did about my mother a few years after her death.

It is Monday and I wish I could be in her garden talking to her. There are still so many things I wish I could say.

Lani Gerity said...

WONDERFUL!!!
Whoever has a minute, go check the challenge images out! Lovely!
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2243332@N22/pool/with/8713222227/#photo_8713222227