Saturday, August 18, 2012

"6 Degrees of Creativity 2" stash arrived with Very Imortant Instructions

Stash from Suzanne in Gretchen Miller's 6 Degrees of Creativity 2 workshop Creative Goodness with Gluebooks.


 This was great fun.  Swapping paper stashes must be one of the top ways to promote creativity!  So I poured through all of these papers this morning and I pulled out Very Important Instructions with Power Panels and things that must be turned one way and another in a particular order, DO NOT step outside the line, and I though, YES, this is what I want to play with.  So I started with that and added some magazine strips that I could push the ink around on, and then some black and white imagery mostly from an old Zettiology catalog.

There's something about altering Very Important Instructions with Power Panels that's so liberating!  It was such an awesome, freedom inducing feeling.  Almost like flying!  A bit like deliberately going outside the line and saying wow, I really like that!   I think that instructions tend to make me a little anxious, I'm always afraid I'll miss a crucial step.  And these instructions looked SO important that I really had to face that anxious feeling.  It makes me want to look for other instructions to see what I can do with them.

Anyway, thank you so very much Suzanne and Gretchen!  What a pleasure.  I can't wait to see what other art unfolds and what I might learn from it.

Morning pages using "Important Instructions" from new stash!

5 comments:

aka suska said...

Oh Lani, I absolutely, positively, passionately LOVE this morning page. I think with all the throwing to the winds for caution and obedience to very important instructions ... I think today promises to be ever so exciting and wonderful! Just seeing this has made mine quite lovely. Thanks

Lani Gerity said...

Aw, thank you so much, susanna!

Unknown said...

Great to see Suzanne's paper stash goodness inspired your lovely morning page! win win! Ready for take off!

aka suska said...

I absolutely lurve this page, Lani. Such daring do...such fun! Thanks!

loria smith said...

Aww cute!! Nice post Lani..I Completely lurve this page.

Also click on this keywords please :-- structured settlement | structured settlements | sell structured settlement | cash for structured settlement |