Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Permission to Dare

Permission ATC by Lani
Here is some more information on the Permission ATC's.  Over at 14 Secrets we are working on Permission ATC's.   We realized there are things we'd love permission for, lots of things we are longing to do, be, or create!  Sometimes it would be great to have a whole little box full of permissions, so that you could chose your permission of the day, just the perfect one to match your need.  What if we creating "permission art" for each other? Wouldn't that feel very freeing, generous, and kind? Wouldn't it light up the happy chemical producing part of our brains? Wouldn't we be delighted to create these permissions, to send them out into the world, and then to receive new ones in exchange?

Over at 14 Secrets we are going to work on these and send them in by mid-April.  We are going to create as many permission ATC's as we would like to receive, as many as we can think of; 2, 4,8, what ever we want (we have permission) plus one extra for our moderator. We'll mail our ATC's plus one with our self addressed stamped envelopes. (If we live outside of the US, perhaps a self addressed envelope and some paypal money would work.)   Our moderator will scan them all and send the scans to me, I'll create a pdf - Zine of our permission ATC's which could be printed out on card stock. Finally our moderator will send you back new permissions, the same # as you sent in (minus 1 for her efforts).

But why not open this up to the community at large?  Send my your permission ATC's by mid April and I'll send you new one's in return.  I'll add yours to the Zine and  send out copies of that as well.  Should be very permissive fun!  Want to play?  Contact me at lanipuppetmaker at mac dot com and I'll give you my address and further details.

Here are some examples to get you thinking:

Permission to join in!  Permission to Dare!  Permission be be free!  Permission to be brave!
Permission to say NO!  Permission to say YES!  Permission to be creative!  Permission to love more!
Permission to breathe!  Permission to be me, any where, any time!  Permission to laugh with joy!  Permission to cry when sad!  Permission to dance in the grocery aisle!  Permission to sing out loud!
Permission to do the right thing!

Permission ATC by Lani

5 comments:

lizzie said...

thank you:) can't wait to make some:)

NM_Creatrix said...

sign me up, I need all the permissisons that I can get!

janet said...

Yay! I'm in! I think I need permission to use glitter! so look out for sparkly ATC's :-)

Lani Gerity said...

Hi NM_Creatrix, you need to contact me at lanipuppetmaker at mac dot com. Glad you can join us!

Rosie said...

Hi Lani
have you been inundated by these? just seeing if any more space or have enough people now?

found you thru Gretchen I think, from an earlier postcard swap 2 yrs ago?

thanks

Rosie Fleming