Sunday, February 12, 2012

More puppet wisdom.

Collage by Lani, texture from Kim Klassen.
I'm working on a new puppetmaking zine, to incorporate hand puppets, sock puppets, and paper puppets.  It's a lot of fun and I keep finding very awesome wisdom that I learned from all the workshops I've done.  So here's more puppet wisdom:

A child noticed that the plans he had for his sock weren't really work out.  But he kept on working and gradually changed his plans and guess what happened?  He liked his final result even better than his hoped-for plans.  He was actually really happy with what he had made!
Now isn't that just like art?  Or at least how art can be when we step out of the way and let it flow?
Collage by Lani, texture from Kim Klassen.


2 comments:

healingdolls said...

I love that you're adding to the wisdom of making puppets in all forms

Lani Gerity said...

Why thank you Barb!