Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Monkey Business

I know I posted Monkey Business over on my blog but I'm in love with Lulu, what can I say?

Fun going on at 6 Degrees of Creativity

The truth is there's a whole lot of fun going on over at 6 Degrees of Creativity!  There are 6 different workshops on offer. Many of us are making sock monkeys, and even threatening to have a little monkey exchange in one of these fantastic workshops.  I had a favorite pair of socks which I liked so much that I hadn't worn them out yet, just kept them for art retreats and grumpy rainy days when I needed a special boost.  They turned out to be perfect for this particular workshop, but I may have to order more of these socks because I think I'm hooked.  Here's my before and after.

Before
After (her name is Lulu)
What do you think?  Fun, eh?  Want to come join our Sock Monkey exchange?  Check out this workshop and the five others here!

Another thing that is going on around 6 Degrees of Creativity is the daily search for 3 good things, and the creation of art based on this search.  Some of us have been enjoying the bracing fall winds that have been blowing through our lives.  William Charlebois's image can be found here.
Wind, scarf, and dog on morning walk with texture from FlyPaper Textures.  
And here's a lovely journal spread all about the finding of good things every day, from Gretchen Miller, who I'm most grateful to for creating 6 Degrees of Creativity.

Gretchen's spread.  (So much sunshine!)

Image from my 3 Good Things board on Pinterest.

Some of us have been enjoying collecting good things on Pinterest so that when we look at our collection of images later, we find lovely brain chemicals and hormones get released.   For more on the topic of the connections between brain chemistry and imagery you can read here.

For more on sock monkey therapy, you can read Kat Thorsen's blog here

No comments: