Saturday, May 14, 2011

"common miracle" collage with  the help of  FlyPaper Textures.

I've been reading the lovely blog Gingerblue.com, and after some research in well-being, happiness, and even a bit of neuropsychology, Chel Micheline has come to some lovely conclusions.  She's cultivating a sense of gratitude for the small, simple things in life, and she's starting  to feel more positive feelings on a more regular basis, feelings like contentment, well-being and even relief.
There's a growing feeling that "things are okay."   During the day, she collects small, simple things that she is grateful for.  This is very similar to Seligman's 3 Blessing exercise, which you can read about here.
So I thought try Chel's idea with my blog. She wondered what would happen if a few people began to collect and share the small things they were grateful for.  She wanted to know: What small, simple things brought you comfort today? What made you feel a little more okay? Is it one thing, or ten things, or two HUGE thing or five tiny things? She's inviting us to join her in her experiment. Would you be willing to share your own list on your blog? Maybe once a week or once a month or whatever you like?  For more details see The Common Miracles Project.

2 comments:

Renee Howard Cassese said...

A gratitude practice-how wonderful is that. I have written gratitude journals before and recently incorporated art into the mix--using haiku poems as a way to describe those simple pleasures. Today I am most grateful for my writers' group meeting and a new set of Caran D'ache neocolor II watercolor crayons.

Bill said...

Your blog and your art always make me happy. I think I will join and put that in my first post.