Having gotten so enthusiastic about "Wreck This Journal" and the discussion around it on our yahoo group, I really rolled up my sleeves and started to work on Keri Smith's book (which I'd covered with seaweed as a part of the Disintegration Project). I hadn't realized how difficult it is to "wreck" or maybe how much concern I have that things look "nice" (what ever that means).
Anyway the book is really getting wrecked and the more beat up it is looking, the more I'm loving it. Isn't that the strangest thing? I can almost forget about all the creepy little sow bugs that I had to flick off the book. Yuck.
So now on to our Wreck This Journal round robin. I think I'm getting loosened up about the whole thing and I'm ready to start creating. So I went to the dollar store and got a couple of composition books and some file folders and I followed Samantha Kira's easy journal making directions and I'm ready to go. Just going to work on the sign in page and create the directives.
Dollar store Composition Book. These dots could do damage to the retina, I'm sure of it!
Here's the kind of file folders Samantha uses. They are easy to cut down to size and then sand the edges for a uniform (well almost) look.
I bound the file folders into the journal cover, and wrapped the linen theread with some interesting fibers. I added a button in the middle.
This one has some paint, images, and Alex Plus for texture.
Detail. It's really quite a fun activity, the wrecking business. And I really do find insights pop up in the process, which is never a bad thing.