Friday, April 25, 2008

Carol Moore's Mountain Moments for April 25, 2008

Mountain Moments

A pair of brown and white sparrows
edge dancing on the roof
as the early morning white light
glides across the metal tiles
the late night telephone call came
my friend, the cancer survivor
slipped quietly from this life
in her own bed
her daughter at her side
my husband put on his priestly collar
as I realized I would be at home
Maggie, our five year old grandchild
laying asleep

her family was there,
her husband, daughter,and sister
she was a quiet, kind, gentle, caring person
who went to every tupperware party, baby and wedding shower, girl scout cookie leader, remembered your birthday
with a card and or gift, supported the arts, came to every church event even cleaning the refrigerator twice a year
a smile and hug, a friendly word
she knew the importance of life
angels are rejoicing
tears are falling


Carol Ingram Moore
http://www.grannysarthouse.com
Take time to play, create, and have fun!

4 comments:

Lani Gerity said...

Oh Carol, I am so sorry!

Patti said...

Carol - this must be such a difficult time for you and the others left behind; thank you for sharing. hugs, patti

Patti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lani Gerity said...

I'm posting this from Maria to Carol.


Carol, you are also in my thoughts and prayers . . . and so is your friend and her sister. For some reason I see flowers tied in simple wreaths floating down a river to signify the saying goodbye in peace. I usually write poems or do some journaling/artwork to help my grief process.

Glad you are taking some time for quietness,

Maria