Saturday, February 23, 2008

Altoid tin swap Q & A

Marilyn's Altered Tin


Gioia hosted this great Altered Altoid tin swap, a gorgeous vintage funky shrine altered Altoid tin with a Valentine's theme! She asked us great questions and I'll put the answers here. You will have to guess who wrote what. I'm not telling!

One thing I'm grateful for today is...
My one of three surviving companion dog-I just lost the other two in the last month from old age.
family/ friends
for my grandmother in law who made us dinner tonight
Warm weather
my health
my lovely little family
Just one thing? Oh, ok, this group!
Sewing wings on a fairy doll
my sight
I woke up!
a steady hand
the ability to think of a hundred things I'm grateful for


One thing I like to use when altering stuff is...
Wow...I love it all.. I use whatever it takes to get the look I want. I guess a good glaze medium.
glitter
the new alcohol inks I got for my birthday
found objects (literally picked up off the ground)
whatever grabs me in the moment
fabrics
Bees wax and gold... that's two things. Sorry
Alchol inks and found objects
distress inks
Tags
fabric
chalk


One thing I love, love, love is...
Art art and more art, food, art supplies, reading.
creating stories
reading children's books to children
miniatures!
having time to myself to putter
Finding new ways to make art and use materials... makes me all tingly.
Kicking horse coffee Chocolate Bars (google it - mmmm)
the ocean
cozied in bed with a good book
My granddaughter!
plaid, plaid, plaid
tiny surprises


One "altered art" steriotype I will not use in my shrine is...
The dark, grungy, dirty, look.
pointed hats
I'm going to hold back on the wings
can't say- stuff just comes out the way it comes out for me
not really sure
scrabble tiles
Frida Kahlo
cutsie things
stickers
Grunge or Gothic
the words "create" and "believe"
?

One time I will host a swap is...
After I retire and have more time.
handmade paper
when I get inspired and energized with an idea
one of these days when I have a good idea
I have no idea, but hopefully soon
The next AB RR. What do you think Gioia?
I am hosting one Healing dolls!
when ever it strikes
Summer
maybe summer when there is no cub scout leader training and no girl scout troop meetings
late winter/early spring


One secret no one knows about me is...
I have tatoos...from 1960's. No, I will not show them!
now sometimes I dream about running away to Miami Beach
I'm so shy, I start to perspire when I'm about to interact with anyone I haven't known for years
that I used to be a middle eastern dancer
Now if I tell you I won't have a secret anymore will I? :)
I first became interested in puppets as a kid in Taiwan where puppets danced in the street to exorcise evil spirits and cholera.
I never put blond hair on dolls because as a child with black hair I never had a doll with black hair cuz they did not make them!
I am MAD for red shoes
Then it wouldn't be a secret!
there is actually one person (only one) to whom I would cause harm if I had the opportunity
I've never taken an art class


One thing I wanted to say about this group is...
You are all so awesomely supportive.
creative supportive souls
thanks for being "here"
Thanks for keeping me wonderfully connected and opening my eyes to the variety of ways to stay creative!
I am glad to have the creative connection
Love this group, you guys are amazing
Thank you, we are a delight!
WE are all blessed by each others creative spirits, thank you all!
How present we are for each other, in the most creative of ways. It is wonder-full!
A talented, PATIENT, group of artists!
uplifting and inspiring (two things)
the vibes, fun, sharing make me believe that my finding this group was no accident!

No comments: